Friday, November 10, 2017

King Crimson and Rocking Horses


I love concerts. I've been going since I was in the womb. Born into a family of progressive music loving hippy parents in Rochester, New York in the late 80's. Osmosis of music was a daily routine throughout my years as a toddler. In case you're not familiar with Rochester, there isn't much to do especially during the brutal six months of winter. Much of my nights as a kid can be remembered plugged into my dad's record player, dancing to King Crimson in the living room with my rocking horse, or playing hacky sack with DeadHeads at Phish shows. My first concert ever, btw. Do they still jump on trampolines? My parents started me young, not sure if my ears would agree but I sure am grateful for that.

 

I love concerts. I'm not a musician and I don't know music theory. I don't even know much about music in the grand scheme of things. I'm not a critic, and I'm for sure not saying my taste in music is better than yours. This is more of a place for me to talk about concerts I've attended. Think of it as Julie's Concert Journal. Honestly, it's more for me than it is for you. But thanks for reading anyways.


1 comment: